Your kitchen is the heart of your home, so you want to make it feel as bright and cheerful as possible. Turn your kitchen into a happy, welcoming gathering space by following these easy decorating tips:
- Add a large, graphic art print. People often overlook the kitchen when it comes to adding art to their home, but it’s actually the perfect place for a large statement piece. Choose something with bright splashes of color in a large, simple frame.
- Tie in the linens. Instead of using mismatched towels and a stained tablecloth, update your linens to something chic and modern. Choose options with lots of texture, and don’t be afraid to mix and match patterns.
- Use plants. The kitchen is the perfect place for houseplants, since it often gets a lot of natural light. Add lush greens to the top of the refrigerator, a bare windowsill, or even hanging from the ceiling in retro-style macramé hangers.
- Cover the cabinets. Give your cabinets an instant makeover by covering them in a temporary wallpaper in a fun color or pattern.
- Add a rug. Place a multicolored area rug just in front of the kitchen sink, and if you have an eat-in kitchen, add another underneath the dining table, as well.
5 Ways To Bring Color To Your Kitchen Without Painting [The Kitchn]
15 Ways To Bring Color To the Kitchen [Elle Décor]
10 Unexpected Ways to Add Color to Your Kitchen [House Beautiful]